Friday, September 15, 2017

A poetic prayer of thanksgiving to St. Ephraim of Nea Makri

St. Ephraim of Nea Makri, the Newly-revealed Hieromartyr Wonderworker (source)
 
A poetic prayer of thanksgiving to St. Ephraim of Nea Makri
O Saint Ephraim, I wanted
To cry out to all
Of your many wondrous deeds
And to cry with joy.
 
You have become a consolation
And a hope of the faithful.
You heal them medically
Which benefits everyone.
 
Day and night you walk,
Run, and hasten
To help young and old,
Without ceasing.
 
Because of this everyone honors you
And hastens to your Monastery,
And lights candles in your honor
Within their soul.
 
Thus, when I learned
Of your holy name,
I hastened immediately to be saved
From my tortures.
 
I entreat you, O Saint,
Give me the joy
To speedily escape
And I will become well.
(source)
  
Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us! Amen!

No comments: